Are you looking for the best dog training treat bag? Well, you are not alone. Every dog owner looking to train their dog knows the importance of having treats on hand.
A treat bag can be a lifesaver, especially when you are training a puppy. Meaning, a treat bag is a bribe, and without the bag visible, your pup won’t listen.
Choosing a treat bag is a matter of personal preference. Do you want one that you wear around your waist or one that clips to your belt?
Lucky for you, we have compiled this ultimate buying guide with a list of some hassle-free bags that have been designed for this exact purpose.
5 Best Dog Training Treat Bag
5 Best Dog Training Treat Bag Reviews
Paw Lifestyles Dog Treat Training Pouch
- Easily Stores Kibble, Toys & Treats: The convenient drawstring securely holds in generous amounts of dog training treats, accessories, and dog toys: Enjoy the easy to clean bright green lining which makes it simple to spot pet treats right when you need them: Perfect for dog training at the park
- Keeps You Prepared: You’ll love the convenient built in dog poop bag holder so your dog waste bags are ready right when you need them: Quickly grab your favorite dog training clicker from one of the 2 convenient d-rings while obedience training with your pup
- 3 Easy Ways To Wear: Choose to wear using the removable 48″ adjustable waistband, removable shoulder strap, or strong metal belt clip: Made of lightweight weatherproof nylon fabric that keeps your dog treats dry while on those fun early morning walks with your doggy
- Store Your Stuff: Safely store your smartphone, money or keys in the two zippered pouches or front mesh netting while taking a stroll with your doggie: This ultimate dog treat bag has it all
- Great For Puppy Training or Obedience Classes Plus Dog Trainer Approved: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and Great Gift Idea — USA Based
This is one of the most advanced dog treats bags available in the market that is both ergonomically designed and completely practical. It is a larger treat bag compared to others and uses a common drawstring closure. The treat bag comes with two zippered pouches – one on the back (vertically oriented) and one in the front (horizontally oriented).
The D rings with strap can be used around the waist or over the shoulder – can be worn in three different ways. This design adds versatility to the treat bag.
The treat pouch has an integrated pick-up bag dispenser along with sturdy metal belt clips and two belt loops included. That makes it easy to carry.
PetSafe Dog Training Treat Pouch
- EASY TO CLEAN: Water-resistant PVC-lined treat pocket makes cleaning a breeze; hand-wash and air dry for best results
- EXPERIENCE: PetSafe has been an industry leading U.S. manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
- TREATS ON DEMAND: Divided treat pocket stays open for treats at your fingertips and snaps tightly shut to hold treats securely
- WON’T WEAR OUT EASILY: Durable construction with tough water- and stain-resistant fabric holds up to frequent use
- GREAT FOR ON-THE-GO: Easy to wear with belt clip or included detachable/adjustable belt; pouch opens and shuts with just the touch of a hand
The best features of this dog training treat bag are its water-resistant lining and generally reliable construction. This treat pouch from PetSafe is extremely durable that includes convenient storage pockets for easy storage of treats. Moreover, you can easily store our essentials such as phone, IDs, keys, including your dog’s toys if required.
The fabric is machine washable and comes in silver and blue, silver and red, and silver and black color variants. You can easily attach your keys or a clicker to this bag.
The large design easily accommodates a significant amount of dog treat along with essentials like IDs, smartphone, keys, etc. Along with dog treats, you can easily use it to carry personal items.
Hero Dog Treat Training Pouch Bag
- AMAZING dog training pouch: This treat bag is suitable for both large and small dogs, Its stylish and gets the job done, great for carrying, toys, food and other accessories you might need, Its drawstring design secures the items you put inside also its bright orange interior makes it easy for you to spot what you are looking for, This bag is a must have when you take your pet out for a walk as it comes with compartments for waste bags and a travel water bowl
- STORE YOUR STUFF: Both the needs of yourself and your dog can be safely stored in this stylish compact bag, From treats to keys can be carried when you go out for a walk, this dog training treat pouch has internal and external compartments that can be used to carry, smart phones, earphones, money, keys, snacks, toys, water, waste etc, designed with an adjustable strap and a sturdy belt this pet training bag can be worn around the waist or across your shoulders
- NOT ONLY A BAG: This dog training bag comes with a bone printing poop bag which can store in the built-in poo waste bags dispenser,and a collapsible Travel Dog Bowl with cover, It’s large enough to store things for a long walk or traveling,training a new puppy or daily walk
- HIGH QUALITY: To offer the highest quality pet products is our goal, thus this dog walking bag is made of durable waterproof nylon fabric, it is easy to clean, and is made with high density nylon cloth on the inside, reinforced zippers, adjustable removable waistband and shoulder strap, strong unbreakable belt clip, BPA-free silicone food grade collapsible dog bowl
- 100% refund policy: If you receive a damaged bag or you are not satisfied with the quality, no need to worry because you are covered by our 100% refund policy
If you are looking for a high-quality dog training treat bag that’s waterproof and caters to all your dog treat storing needs, then you should go with Hero Dog Treat Training Bag. It is composed of nylon fabric and can be wielded in three ways – waist, shoulder, and belt-clip. The adjustable belt can support 30-48 inches of waist.
The bag incorporates four storage compartments – the main compartment, a small pocket for extra storage, a zippered pocket, and a zippered poop bag dispenser.
The treat pouch is only available in a single color – bright orange interior can be disturbing to the eyes after some time. Multiple colors would be have been great.
PERRAMA Dog Treat Bag Training Pouch
- ✅OUR PETS, OUR FAMILY! – Not just our motto but the principle we had in mind when we created your Perrama Treat Bag for Dog Training. With a practical design it securely holds in generous amounts of dog training treats, kibble, accessories and dog toys. Use your waist treat pouch, FREE training clicker and dog bowl for the best training experience of your life!
- ✅A TREAT POUCH CAN BE A LIFESAVER – Especially if you’re training a pup and we, the dog owners, know the importance of having treats on hand. A truly great dog treat training pouch should fit your essentials and keep them organized at all times. With two pockets, one large compartment, and a poop bag dispenser, Perrama Pet Treat Bag keeps everything organized and within easy reach.
- ✅DOGS LOVE TO HAVE JOBS – Keep your dog active with a great training in the park or just enjoy a fun and peaceful morning walk. Whatever you choose he will be happy and healthy. In any of these occasion Perrama Dog Training Bag offers multi-wear options. Featuring two adjustable straps and one metal belt clip, the training treat bag can be carried on your shoulder, as treat waist pouch or attached to your belt.
- ✅SECURE SPACE FOR YOUR STUFF – You can safely store your smartphone, money or keys in the zippered pouch or front mesh netting. Plus, since it is small and lightweight, it is not cumbersome to have along with you. You will love this and it will make training and walks so much easier and fun! It even features a reflecting strap that keeps you and your friend safe during night walks. Isn´t this great?
- ✅YOU ENTER IN OUR LIFE as a customer but you will leave as a friend. For all our friends we guarantee our Dog Treat Pouch with full 100% MONEY BACK if you just simply find out it is not the best suit for you. Mentioning we are also offering a free e-book TRAINING GUIDE you can find no reason why not to CLICK ADD TO CART NOW!
Here is a stylish yet feature-rich dog training treat bag that offers you plenty of space for carrying a variety of items when you are training your dog or making travel with them. It incorporates a zippered pocket that is useful for holding your keys and phone along with other extra items like IDs and more.
This treat pouch allows you to keep things organized thanks to the two pockets; one large compartment and other a poop dispenser. It comes with a host of accessories that are hard to ignore.
This dog training treat bag offers multi-wear functionalities. It features one metal belt clip and two adjustable straps allowing you to carry the bag on your waist, shoulder, or attached to your belt.
Doggone Good Rapid Rewards Deluxe Dog Training Bag
- Professional Quality: Doggone Good is a small company well known to professional dog trainers for making carefully designed and durable training bags. The Rapid Rewards bag is a very well-made and versatile dog training bag that you will love for years! Easy Open / Close Magnetic Opening!: The Rapid Rewards Bag has a magnetic closure with cord-pull for quick open/close operation.
- Roomy Main Compartment: Ergonomically shaped with gray interior lining for better visibility of treats. It easily accommodates 3 Cups of treats. A tennis ball would also fit with plenty of room for treats. Divider Panel: The Rapid Rewards Training Pouch main pocket has an inside divider panel with Velcro closure to store different treats or any item.
- Side and Front Pockets: Two small side pockets with a waste-bag dispenser feature (one side only). Small pockets can fit clickers, whistles, poop bags, etc. D-ring attachments on the small side pockets allow you attach gear with carabineers, etc. There is also a roomy front pocket with Velcro closure. The front pocket is large enough to store a small leash or a handful of treats. Zippered Back Compartment for Your Phone!: Roomy enough for cell phones, keys, credit cards and more. Here at Pet Expertise, this is our favorite feature (along with the divider panel)!
- Wear with Belt (included) or with Clip: The Rapid Rewards Bag Attaches to a belt or waistband with the Doggone Good custom-made molded belt clip that is beefy and has a strong positive grip (unlike most belt clips found on gear). It also has belt loops to attach to a waist belt.
- Details: 5.75″ Wide, 6.75 ” High and 2.75″ Deep (when open). Low profile design when closed. Made of durable 600 denier polyester (“backpack”) material. Machine washable (line dry).
When it comes to durability, no other dog training treat bag can match its built and composition. This is a magnetic closure pouch that shuts with a reassuring snap. It incorporates a ‘jackpot pocket’ that’s closed with a Velcro. You can store your essentials in this pocket. If you are using high-value treats, then you should go with this dog treat bag.
The treat bag features an easy open/close magnetic closure vouch for security and ease of access. This mechanism is much better than drawstring, keeping the treats and other essentials secure.
The main compartment of this dog treat bag is incredibly spacey allowing you to store a large quantity of treats for your dog (up to 3 cups).
What Is A Dog Training Treat Bag Or Pouch?
If you are going to train your dog on the go, you will need a secure container like a bag or purse where you can store your dog’s treats. However, it seems impractical to carry a purse or a backpack, as it doesn’t fit in your hands rightly nor does it makes training simpler. Moreover, you don’t want your purse or bag all dog treat smelly. This is where dog training treat bags come into the play.
For dog owners who don’t have a lawn/backyard or live in an apartment space, training their dogs indoors isn’t very effective. That’s why they bring their pups over to the nearby park for their training sessions.
Dog training treat bags help store your training helpers. Treats are necessary when training a dog. Obviously, your dog isn’t going to learn the tricks and obey you without some motivation; hence, the treats.
Dog training treat bags are a practical approach towards your dog training. They are easy to carry – just wrap them around your waist or clip them on your belt, they keep the treats fresh, they are easy to use, and they come in different shapes and sizes.
So it is a great idea investing in the best dog training treat bag to make your pup’s training focused and hassle-free.
Why Do You Need To Use Treats To Train A Dog?
This question comes with many answers, but the best suitable answer in this scenario is – positive reinforcement.
Positive reinforcement, if defined, is a part of dog training where treats and praise are used to reward a dog for doing something that you want him/her to do. Because treats encourage the dog more likely to repeat the behavior, positive reinforcement is considered the most powerful tool for changing and shaping your dog’s behavior.
Training your pup can be a daunting task. It requires you to have your wits about you, combined with knowledge and some useful tools in your arsenal. Treats and treat bags are the two most prominent tools for dog training.
As a dog owner, you need to understand that dogs aren’t naturally programmed to respond accurately and quickly to your commands. You need to grab their attention by putting in time and effort. Treats help you to teach them to WANT to respond to your calls.
Despite what people like to believe, dogs don’t actually do the things we ask just to make us happy. In reality, they do what works for and benefits themselves because making humans happy isn’t enough of a reward for most dogs.
Simply putting, if a pup performs a behavior that leads to a good thing, say treats, they are more likely to repeat it.
Food taps into an inherent desire and primal need. So treats are possibly the best reward to give your pup for a job well done.
Now, some dog owners are afraid of using treats during training considering a significant rise in today’s dog obesity population.
Thus, the treats must be used on a limited basis and intelligently.
The following are the different training methods for training dogs using treats.
You are using treats as a reward to appreciate your dog for listening and responding to your command.
You are presenting treats first to entice your pup to perform something like respond when he is called. You are luring your puppy to come to you when he is called.
You are dangling the treat in front of your dog before commanding him to perform a specific task. If your dog responds to that, you are bribing him to deliver the same desired behavior whenever you command him to.
Why You Might Need A Dog Training Treat Bag Or Pouch?
The purpose of a dog training treat bag is to give you easy access to treats without the risk of your beloved backpack or purse becoming all treat smelly, treats trapped in tight pants, messy pockets, or running out of treats quickly.
Dog training treat bags can be simple little hinged, zipper, or drawstring bags. Moreover, some are attached to tug toys for added reinforcement and interaction. The treat bag’s presence will make your dog follow the commands you throw at them.
Now, for all those who say that they want their dog to perform without the assistance of treats, feeling that its presence is a bribe, your dog won’t listen to you unless you provide him/her with some sort of reward. It is not like that; a dog’s absolute reward is seeing his master happy. The dog will do whatever works for his benefit.
Meanwhile, other training methods like correctional training come in the form of popping or jerking on the leash among others. Such types of training methods are challenging to implement, especially for those who are first-time dog owners. So, if you own a dog, luring them with treats (limited) will help you train them properly.
You can carry the treat bag anywhere with your dog. It can be to a park, or someplace else where you need your dog to behave. Treat bags come in handy as they won’t bother you much when strapped around your waist or clipped on your belt.
How To Train A Dog To Be Obedient Using A Dog Training Treat Bag?
We recommend that you use treats in dog obedience training. However, you would not want them to use them every time as the scenario might end up with your dog training you. Using different sets of training methods is crucial because if you are only giving them treats, they will only perform the task when they are sure that they get the treat. Dogs are not dumb, and you need to use treats intelligently so that they understand your commands without the greed present.
This is where you would want to make an association between the commands and treats. So, give your dog treats every time he obeys your command.
A clicker is a great tool that will help embed the behavior into your dog’s mind while giving him another reason to obey the command. When your dog is performing what you asked, click the clicker and then reward him with treats. It will make your dog associate the clicking with the treat.
Instead of providing treats every time, you can try other rewarding methods such as a couple of good boy’s or petting your dog will make your dog feel special and remove the treats from the situation.
Once your dog has got a hold on to the commands, you can start offering different rewards whenever your dog obeys you. That is, you can give your dog treats the first time, but when he performs the task again, you should go with petting him. Always switch the rewards so that your dog doesn’t always respond to treats.
What To Look For In The Best Dog Training Treat Bag?
There are a lot of things to consider when picking a dog training treat bag or pouch:
The fabrication material used in a dog training treat bag is an essential factor to consider. In most cases, such bags are composed of durable polyester shells or rip stop nylon making them extremely durable. In some cases, you will find bags made out of silicone material as well. Choose accordingly.
The bag you choose needs to be durable enough to tolerate the wear and tear regarding your dog training. The zipper needs to be of high-quality, and the strap quality must not degrade over the years.
There are several factors to consider when it comes to the capacity of the bag. A standard sized treat bag can contain 1-3 cups of treats. There are multiple sizes available and choose one according to your dog’s breed and size. Moreover, there are different compartments in the bag purposed for the dog owners. These compartments can be used to store phone, wallet, and keys among other essentials.
You need to consider the compartment closing mechanism as it is the most crucial aspect of security. Some bags come with a magnetic lock system while others use Velcro and zippers.
Depending upon how you would like to carry your bag, you can choose from shoulder belt, waist belt, and belt clip or loop.
The bag needs to be portable, and easy to clean and maintain so that you don’t feel irritated when carrying the bag when training your dog and when performing the clean.
Some dog training treat bags come with additional features such as a tug toy, dog poop bags, and a collapsible dog travel bowl.
The treat bag you purchase should be according to your preference. You are the one who will be carrying the bag, so it needs to be comfortable.
You need a bag that will last for years to come. Hence, you need to check the material of the bag to determine its quality.
Most dog treat bags come with weather protection. You need to ensure that your dog’s treats remain undamaged from bad weather like rain and heat.
Now that you have understood the buying guide let’s jump right into the product reviews section.
Buying the Best Dog Training Treat Bag For Your Pup
These are the top five best dog training treat bags currently available. Out of the five, we announce Doggone Good Rapid Rewards Deluxe Dog Training Bag with Belt the winner due to its features and build quality. It is professional-grade dog training treat bag but on the expensive side.
However, the price is worth it because the product will last for years to come. The magnetic closure is its standout feature that assures security. On the other hand, its premium look will make you look like a professional dog trainer.