Firstly, studies show that harnesses are way better than collars for our dogs. Secondly, collars create constant pressure on the pup’s neck where major nerves are located.
Moreover, this pressure on the nerves can lead to pain, neurology diseases, and behavioral disorders. In general, dogs that wear collars and tend to pull the leash are more sensitive to trigger, anxious, and get overexcited easily.
Meanwhile, that’s not the only reason to switch from collar to harness. Thus, the latter makes it harder for a pup to pull and easier for you to hold the leash.
So it’s a win-win situation where your pet will remain healthy, and you won’t struggle with your large pooch pulling during walks.
Best Large Dog Harness for Puller: Rabbitgoo
- Large Dog Harness – Recommended Breeds: Medium to Large Dogs, such as Golden Retriever, Huskie, Labrador, Alaska, German Shepherd, Akita, etc. Please measure the size carefully before purchasing this present for your puppy. Make your puppy stand out with this Classic Black Harness!
- No Pull, No Choke – Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 metal leash rings for safer dog walks. Use the chest attachment clip to stop your dog from pulling on walks, perfect for dog training or dogs who tend to pull. The back one is great for casual walks, jogging, hiking, etc
- Easy to Use – This hassle-free overhead harness is easy to put on and take off with its 2 fast-release buckles. Slide the harness over your dog’s head, buckle it up, adjust the straps, and here you go! Grab the top handle for additional control. Lightweight and easy to clean
- Fully Adjustable – This adjustable harness features 4 easy adjusting straps around the body. You can use its 2 neck straps and 2 chest straps to create a perfect fit for your dog with some room of growth. No worries about slipping out or choking
- Safe and Comfortable – Your dog will enjoy the daily walk in this comfort dog harness! Made of durable nylon oxford and padded with soft cushion to protect your dog’s skin. Breathable air mesh keeps your dog cool during outdoor activities. Super bright reflective strips ensure a safe walk both day and night
- Fits different breeds
- Easy to put on and take off
- Two metal rings for the leash
- Soft cushions on the chest
- Easy to wash
- The material is tough for some dogs and can cause irritation
- Won’t solve the pulling issue
- Straps are hard to adjust
Since we were talking about pulling, let’s begin with the best large dog harness for a puller. Indeed, it is a correctly designed large dog harness because it distributes the pressure evenly.
Therefore, the pup will not get injured, even if it pulls suddenly and makes a significant impact. Likewise, the special cushions also soften the pressure and protect your pet’s chest from damage.
Meanwhile, this large dog harness for a puller comes in four different sizes and will fit large breeds like Huskies, Golden Retrievers – golden retriever dog harnesses review, or even Akitas.
Moreover, the colors are black, pink, blue, green, orange, and red for you to choose from. Also, you can adjust the straps specifically to your pup’s body.
In addition, Buckles make it easy to put on and take off Rabbitgoo’s large dog harness – you only need to slide it over your pet’s head and fasten the buckles.
Furthermore, there are two metal rings for the leash – one is on the back, and another one is on the chest. Similarly, you can use the chest one when your pooch pulls a lot.
Moreover, when the leash is attached to that area, it’s virtually impossible for the dog to dash forward. Besides, you can use this large dog harness for a puller for several years, and nothing will happen to it.
Best Large Dog Harnesses
Large No-pull Dog Harness: Oxford Soft Vest
- Large size: Chest Girth 22-32 inch. Perfect harness for large dogs, but also fits well for medium dogs, like golden retriever, labrador, german shepherd, american bully pitbull and more. Adjustable Straps let you create a custom fit for your dog.
- No pull design: Pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent Pulling and Choking. Our dog vest harness comes with 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Easy to wear & locking Security: This pet harness with simple design and quick snap buckles which make it easy to put on and take off. Locking feature on both snaps makes it much more secure, perfect for daily walking, running, hiking, training, hunting, outdoor adventure and more!
- Sturdy handy handle: Our pet dog harness comes with sturdy D-ring leash attachment point and easy grap handle to help you to control and assist your dog.
- Reflective & lightweight: Premium Nylon Oxford material offers a long lifetime for this soft dog chest harness. Lightweight and easy to clean. Reflective straps keep your dog SAFE all the time while out for a walk.
- Strong yet soft material
- Two leash rings
- Reflective stripes
- Easy to put on and take off
- Adjustable straps
- Plastic adjusters can break
- The neck part is not adjustable
- Heavy pullers can break buckles
First of all, Oxford Soft Vest is a large no-pull dog harness comes in four sizes so that you can choose the option that fits your pup the best. Secondly, if it’s too big, you can simply adjust it to your pet’s body.
Meanwhile, the large size will be a good fit for Labradors and German Shepherds, and the extra-large size will fit even Malamutes and other large breeds.
However, the material Oxford Soft Vest is made of very gentle yet strong material. In addition, this large no-pull dog harness will serve you for a very long time, even if your pup pulls a lot.
Likewise, it is sturdy, yet, it doesn’t irritate the tender underarm skin. Furthermore, the material is easy to clean, and you can even wash this large dog harness in the washing machine.
However, there are two rings for the leash. Firstly, one is located on the back, and another is placed on the chest and is supposed to stop the pup from pulling.
Also, this large no-pull dog harness features a handle that will be useful if you need to grab your pet quickly. Besides, reflective straps will make drivers see your puppy in the dark.
Lastly, the buckles make it easy for you to put the Oxford Vest large no-pull harness on and off your pet.
No-pull Large Dog Harness: Winsee
- 【Easy To Wear & DIY Design】: 4 quick-release buckles make it easy to get on and off, NO need go over your dog’s head! Just place it on his/her back, slip an arm through, clasp the black clasps, and done! As for the design, since the top and bottom pieces separate you could buy 2 harnesses and mix and match tops and bottoms. It is really Unique and Eye-catching!
- 【XL Dog Harness with 4 Snap Buckles】 Adjustable Neck Girth: 21-33 inch, Chest Girth: 24-49 inch. Recommended Breeds: Large size dogs like Anatolian Shepherd, Newfoundland, Labrador, Alaska, German Shepherd, Large Bulldog and more. Please determine your dog’s chest girth by measuring the broadest part of your dog’s chest when choosing size.
- 【Double Sided Reflective Straps & Soft Padded Handle】Reflective straps of this easy control harness ensure your dog’s safety while out for a walk even at night; Sturdy Fabric Handle with Neoprene on the back helps you better control and assist your dog. This no pull dog harness is made with enhanced 1680D oxford fabric with high density to prevent from chewing or tearing up. Breathable mesh lining with soft sponge padding plate of this dog harness providing extra comfort and protection.
- 【Adjustable & Customizable Neck And Chest Girth Fit】The fit of this pet harness can be completely customized for your pet using the slide adjusters at the chest and neck. Double stitching, lots of reinforcement stitching at high stress points, easy to fit & put on & nicely padded for your dog’s comfort.
- 【No Pull & Choke-Free】WINSEE no pull dog harness featured with 2 Sturdy D-Rings on front/back range for attaching leash, front clip prevent pulling and back for relaxed walking. The 2 D-rings are reinforced on the extensional part which is not easily ripped off even by heavy pulling, especially the metal buckle for leash on the back give you more safety. Pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent Choking.
- Fits huge breeds
- Easy to put on and take off
- Adjustable straps
- Two metal leash rings
- Comes with a collar
- Cumbersome to get a good fit
- The adjusters are weak
- The chest piece can be too big
First, this no-pull extra-large dog harness will fit even huge breeds like German Shepherds, Newfoundlands, Malamutes, and other big pups up to 145 lbs.
Moreover, Winsee comes with a collar you can use to hang the address trinket. Similarly, it comes in five stylish colors, so you can choose the one that suits you best.
However, it’s a no-pull dog harness – but there is an additional metal ring for the leash on the chest. Thus, when the leash is attached to it, the pup won’t be able to dash forward and pull.
In addition, all straps are adjustable, so if your puppy is still growing, you can go for a bigger size and make this large dog harness a bit smaller using fasteners. Besides, Winsee is easy to put on and take off thanks to sturdy buckles.
Large Dog Harness With a Handle: Dean and Tyler
- Easy to put on and take off
- Perfect for any weather
- Has 3 D rings and a Handle
- Easy to use and take care off
- Easy to use
- Three leash rings
- Comes with a handle
- Wide choice of sizes
- Adjustable straps
- Can create pressure on the chest
- The plastic bracket can break
- The material doesn’t allow air to flow
First of all, owners of big pups will have a chance to choose the size that fits their pets because this large no-pull dog harness comes in medium, large, and extra-large sizes.
Moreover, straps are adjustable, so you can fit Dean and Tyler to your puppy’s body and avoid buying a new accessory when it grows up. Meanwhile, the option is available in one color – black.
Additionally, this large dog harness comes with a handle that is useful when you need to grab your pup quickly. Also, there are three leash rings – one on the back and two on the sides.
Furthermore, side rings make it easier to teach the puppy to heel. Lastly, Dean and Tyler’s large dog harness is easy to put on and take off thanks to the comfortable design.
Large Handle Harness for Dog: Kurgo
- Everyday Dog Harness – Comfortable, lightweight walking harness with 5 easy adjustable points and plastic quick release buckles to make it easy to take on and take off when on the go. Suitable for walking or jogging
- No-Pull Training Clip – Pet harness has a front D-Ring to use as leash attachment to train dogs not to pull; it will turn them around when try to pull; also features a back leash ring for regular walking or jogging
- Includes Dog seat belt – Comes with dog seat belt 10-inch tether that can be used during car travel as a pet seat belt to restrain dogs and prevent distracted driving: or as a training tether. Harness doesn’t crash tested
- Size and Fit – Small fits dogs with neck 12-20 inches and chest 16-22 inches; Please refer to Kurgo size chart for information on how to properly measure your dog
- Two options of buckles
- Two leash rings
- The harness comes with a tether
- Fits huge breeds
- Adjustable straps
- Clunky and heavy
- Not enough padding
- The strap on the back is not fixed on the place
First, Kurgo large no-pull dog harness comes in two options – with easy on and off buckles, and with crash tester certified ones.
There is also a short tether in the package that can be used for training or to secure your pup in the car. In addition, Kurgo has two rings – one is on the back, and another is on the chest and can be used to stop the pet from pulling.
Moreover, this option comes in five sizes, but the extra-large size will fit Rottweilers, Great Danes, Huskies, and other breeds of similar sizes.
Likewise, you can also adjust the straps so that this dog harness fits the body of your pup better. Besides, the material of this no-pull dog harness for a large dog is soft enough for your pet to feel comfy.
Large Leather dog Harnesses
Large Leather Harness with Spikes: Didog
- Material:Made of soft leather,Solid and Durable.
- Collar M:2 inches width ,neck for 17-20 inch
- Harness Neck for 17.5-23.5 inch, Chest for 26-34 inch
- Leash 28 inches total length; Chain 5mm diameter,20 inches length(include the hook). Hand strap:1.0 inch width,8.0 inches length.
- Firstly, very good looking
- Secondly, Leather is soft
- Thirdly, Comes with a collar and a leash
- Fourthly, Easy to keep in good condition
- Lastly, comfortable for dogs
- Buckles are tricky
- Not for dogs who pull
- The leash is very short
First of all, if you’re looking for a fancy leather harness for a large dog, here is an option for you. Secondly, Didog is a matching set that consists of a collar, a short leash, and a leather harness.
However, it is a no-pull dog harness, so it will be the best option for aggressive pullers. Meanwhile, metal spikes will make your dog look exceptionally pretty.
In addition, the set comes in medium, large, and extra-large sizes, and is made of soft yet durable leather. Further, you can also choose a color you like from a variety of options – five of them are available.
Similarly, Leather is quite easy to keep in good condition. Likewise, dry this large leather harness with spikes when it gets wet, clean it when it’s dirty, and it will serve you and your pet a lifetime.
Meanwhile, Leather won’t hurt or leave sores, so you can be sure your pup will feel comfortable in Didog. However, the only downside of this large leather harness with spikes is that its buckles take time to get closed and opened.
So if your puppy is used to spin around when you’re getting ready for a walk, it will not be easy to put on Didog. Also, consider that this leather harness is not made for dogs who pull.
Lastly, it is not recommended to use machine washing for this item.
Large Leather Dog Harness: Bestia Maximus
- Handmade quality from Bestia
- 100% Genuine leather
- Foam and leather padded chest plate for maximum comfort
- Perfect fit on all big dog breeds
- 2 chest straps included
- Firstly, Sturdy and reliable
- Secondly, Suitable for giant breeds
- Thirdly, Can handle pulling
- Fourthly, Made of genuine leather
- Lastly, Soft paddings
- Leather is stiff in the beginning
- Real color might not match the picture
- Quite expensive
First, Bestia Maximus’s large leather dog harness comes in two big sizes. Secondly, the L/XL will fit breeds like Cane Corso or American Bully, and the bigger XXL will fit giant breeds like Newfoundland or Neapolitan Mastiff.
Meanwhile, Bestia Maximus is handmade from genuine leather and features soft paddings for your pet to feel comfortable. However, this large leather dog harness can handle a pulling pup.
Moreover, you still should train your dog to walk properly because there is no such accessory that will survive the pulling forever.
Also, you should be prepared for Bestia Maximus to be a bit stiff in the beginning. Besides, Leather will soften over time to fit your pet. Although you can soften this leather dog harness by working it with your hands.
Leather Harness for Large Dogs: PET ARTIST
- ▶Handcraft Leather Dog Harness:Made of strong and durable genuine leather,heavy duty but also light,made to last long
- ▶Adjustment:With 3 adjustable straps,fit most small medium to large breed dogs,Please measure your dog carefully to insure this is the correct harness size
- ▶Features nickel-plated hardware:Heavy duty O-ring, and metal-enforced eyelets,Trimmed with contrast color thick waxed thread and riveted for extra strength
- ▶Allows the dog to have relaxed movement of muscles. Makes it flexible and efficient
- ▶100% Quality Guarantee:We guarantee to replace new items or refund total money for free if you are unsatisfied with our products or quality. Just enjoy your shopping experience
- Genuine, high-quality leather
- Made to last
- Can be adjusted
- Comfortable and soft
- Very good-looking
- Quite expensive
- No quick snap buckles
- No sizes for giant breeds yet
First of all, it is a truly beautiful and high-quality leather harness for large dogs. Secondly, it’s made of heavy-duty thick but soft leather that will serve you for a long time.
However, Pet Artist’s large dog harness comes in two sizes – Medium and Large. Meanwhile, the Medium size will fit breeds like Staffordshire Terrier, and the large size will be suitable for Boxers, Afghan Hounds, and other breeds of similar size.
Additionally, this large leather dog harness features three adjustable straps so that you can fit it to your puppy’s body.
However, Pet Artist doesn’t have buckles that close quickly, so if your puppy is active, it can be somewhat difficult to put the accessory on and take it off.
Large Soft Leather Harness: Haoyueer
- Material:Strong and durable high quality PU (Faux) leather. Light, elegant and not stiff, Studded Spiked, fashion design.Soft Leather Hand Strip,Make your Walking more Convenient and Comfortable.
- Harness size:Harness size:Neck size 45-60CM(17.5-23.5″), Chest size 65-85CM(26-34″)
- Strong and durable. All 5 straps are adjustable.
- Before you order,Be sure your dog’s size is suitable for this size (That’s very important).
- Perfect for: Pit bull terrier,retrievers,boxer,shepherds,English/America Bulldogs,Mastiff,Golden Retriever,Labrador,Rottweiler and similar breeds
Firstly, Haoyuerr’s large soft leather harness comes in only one size that is suitable for dogs with a chest size of 26-34 inches.
Secondly, Haoyueer’s large dog harness is quite adjustable so that it will fit a wide range of breeds from Staffordshire Terriers to Mastiffs and Rottweilers.
However, you still need to measure your pup properly to make sure this large harness suits its sizes. Similarly, Haoyueer is made of durable and quality faux leather that looks and feels just like the genuine thing.
Although it isn’t meant to handle hard pulling dogs – if your pup keeps dashing forward, this large soft leather harness will get ripped. So buying it, you should also invest some time into teaching your dog to walk without pulling.
- ★Adjustable chest strip, allow your dogs to have relaxed movement of muscles
- ★Locking release buckle free conversion lock and open, you don’t be afraid of your dog get rid of the strip
- ★It is complete with heavy duty adjustable buckles, and a D-Ring to easily attach your dog’s lead
- ★Cover with rounded-tip decorative spikes across the chest, look stylish and tough. No-sharp spikes is also practical for your dog’s safety and comfort when they flattened on the reverse side
- ★Made of PU leather, soft and thick
- Made of high-quality faux leather
- Five adjust points
- Looks great
- Soft yet durable
- Heavy-duty buckles
- Comes in one size
- Can be tricky to put on and take off
- Leather is not genuine
First, Mtinfly’s large dog stylish spiked leather dog harness will make your pup look fierce. Secondly, the spikes are not sharp but rounded so that both your dog and its friends won’t get injured during games.
Meanwhile, the Mtinfly harness is made of high-quality faux leather that is soft yet thick enough to handle tension. Moreover, it’s heavy-duty adjustable buckles will keep this spiked harness in place.
In addition, the chest stripe is adjustable, too, so you will have five points to fit Mtinfly to your pup’s body. However, note that this spiked leather dog harness comes in only one size.
Besides, this size is suitable for dogs with a chest size of 25.6-33.5 inches. So make sure you measure your pet properly.
Leather Dog Harness: Genuine
- 1.3″ wide 5 adjustable straps. Soft suede padded. Features nickel-plated hardware, heavy duty D-ring, and metal-enforced eyelets
- Strong, durable, and very comfortable harness made of highest grade real leather. Lighter weight. Unparallel quality of craftsmanship.
- Comfortable chest plate to distribute tension evenly.
- Chest girth: 28″-35″. Please measure your dog carefully to insure this is the correct harness size before placing the order
- Allows the dog to have relaxed movement of muscles. Makes it flexible and efficient. Perfect choice for training and daily walks.
- Three leash rings
- All straps are adjustable
- Made of real leather
- Quite durable
- Minimalistic and good-looking
- Comes in one size
- There is only one color
- Can be hard to put on and take off
Firstly, this leather dog harness proves its name – indeed, it is made of genuine, high-quality leather. Secondly, it’s padded with soft suede so that your pet feels comfortable during walks.
Moreover, Genuine comes only in black color and one size that fits dogs with a chest girth of 28-35 inches. Likewise, it means that this leather dog harness will be suitable for Labradors, Huskies, Afghan Hounds, and other breeds of similar sizes.
Similarly, all straps, including the chest one, are adjustable, and you can fit Genuine to your pet’s measurements. Moreso, there are three leash rings – one on the back, and two are placed on the sides.
Lastly, you can use side rings to teach your pup to heel.
Leather Handle Dog Harness: HILASON
- Great for guide and assistant dogs
- Steel long handle
- Many sizes to choose from
- Made of real leather
- The handle is snap on
- Not for generic walks
- No leash ring
- Can be quite sturdy for sensitive skin
First, this leather handle dog harness is great for guide dogs thanks to the comfortable and long steel handle. Moreover, Hilason is made of genuine and durable leather, so you can be sure that this accessory will serve you a long life.
Meanwhile, it comes in a variety of sizes, and the largest one will fit giant breeds like Newfoundlands, Malamutes, or Huskies. Also, you can take off the handle when you don’t need it.
But there is no leash ring, so you won’t be able to use this leather handle dog harness like an everyday accessory for walks. similarly, Hilason is not padded and quite sturdy because it’s meant to be used for assistance and guide working.
Lastly, you don’t need to wash it, just wipe it with a wet rag and leave it to dry.
Large Leather Harness: Logical
- ✅ GENUINE FULL GRAIN LEATHER HARNESS for a lifetime of heavy duty use. Beautiful finished leather and stitching show off your best friend in style.
- ✅ STRONG AND DURABLE PROFESSIONAL GRADE – Handles even the strongest working dogs. Premium grade leather AND durable rust resistant hardware to last even through extreme conditions.
- ✅ EASY ON EASY OFF – Step in step out quick release design. PREMIUM NICKEL PLATED SOLID BRASS CLASP, rings and rivets. This harness clips on and off easily and won’t disengage without release by the walker.
- ✅ FULLY ADJUSTABLE – Fits chests from 38 inches to 28 inches. Perfect for most medium and large size dogs.
- ✅ BEST LIFETIME GUARANTEE – If, for whatever reason, you don’t absolutely love your leather dog harness, just return it, and we’ll refund every penny (or replace it, if there is a problem).
- Made of genuine leather
- Easy to put on and take off
- Suitable for large breeds
- Can be adjusted
- Looks good
- Not for heavy pullers
- Can squeeze the chest of the dog
- Can cause injuries
Firstly, this Logical large dog harness is made of genuine leather that looks great and is rather durable. Secondly, the metal hardware is also very reliable and can handle even a serious impact.
However, there is no padding, so it’s not the best option for dogs that pull a lot – straps will create pressure that can cause health issues.
Meanwhile, it is not recommended to wash it in a washing machine; it is easy to clean this large leather dog harness with hand-held materials
Also, due to the design, Logical large dog harness will squeeze the chest of the pup if it pulls forward. Likewise, while some owners might see it as something that will stop the dog from pulling, it’s not a safe solution for this issue.
Furthermore, it is a large step-in harness that will fit pups with a chest size of 28-38 inches. Thus, it means that it’s suitable for medium to large dogs like Pitbulls, Cane Corso, and Dobermans.
Large Tactical Dog Harnesses
Best Tactical Dog Harness: Rabbitgoo
- Large Dog Molle Vest: Neck Girth: 24.8” – 34.6” (63 – 88cm), Chest Girth: 31.5” – 41.3” (80 – 105cm),Belly Length: 13.3” – 17.7” (34 – 44.5cm), Back Length: 11.4” (29cm). Ideal for Large Breeds such as German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, Golden Retriever, Huskie, Labrador, Akita, etc. A professional working dog vest for service, police or military dogs, but also good for hunting and all outdoor companion dogs
- Military-standard Material: Heavy duty vest made of 1050D Nylon with sturdy stitching for extra durability and wearability, suitable for all field use. Two Metal Shoulder Buckles can bear great pulling force, ensuring your dog is safely harnessed during training, hunting, working, and any other occasions. Well padded in every pressure load point to protect your dog, while the breathable air mesh keeps your dog ventilated and comfortable
- Practical Design For Versatile use: Molle system equipped on both sides for pouches, water bottles, and dog tactical gears. Multiple Hook & Loop Panels for morale patches and badges to showcase your dog’s personality. A wide range of use for personal service, law enforcement, hunting, or outdoor recreation
- Maximum Control & Securtity: Dog safety harness features 2 Metal Leash Attachment Points for safer dog walks – One Front Clip for No-Pull control or dog training, and one Back Clip for casual walking or jogging. Reinforced top handle for additional control and easy lifting aid in both general and treacherous situations
- Easy Use With Full Adjustment: Put on and take off this easy dog harness with 4 quick-release buckles with no hassle. 5 fully adjustable straps (2 Shoulder, 2 Chest, 1 Belly) allow a snug fit with maximum mobility
- Five adjust points
- Suitable for military service
- Can be used as an everyday harness
- Suitable for large breeds
- Equipped with a MOLLE system
- Comes in one size
- Buckles can be tough to open
- Cumbersome to adjust
First of all, this large tactical dog harness will fit dogs with a chest girth of 24.8 – 34.6 inches. Therefore, it’s suitable for German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, Akitas, Cane Corsos, and other similarly sized breeds.
However, Rabbitgoo comes only in one size. Although, you can adjust it a bit, even the belly strap, to regulate the length. Moreover, it is the best tactical dog harness for large dogs in terms of quality to price ratio.
In addition, Rabbitgoo is made of 1050D nylon that is considered to be a military-standard material. Furthermore, to make it even more durable, it was reinforced with stitching.
So you can use this large tactical dog harness for hunting, hiking, or another outdoor recreation. Also, Rabbitgoo is suitable for use in law enforcement and other military activities where dogs take part.
Similarly, there are two leash rings. Firstly, one is placed on the back for regular walking, and another one is located on the chest for training and to prevent the dog from pulling.
Likewise, this large tactical harness is equipped with a MOLLE system for additional pouches and other gear. Also, you can use it to showcase your dog’s badges and patches.
Tactical Harness for Dogs: OneTigris
- ❤SIZE INFORMATION:Our tactical dog harness is made from Durable 1000D nylon with Padding for a comfortable fit. M: 16″-23″(Neck); 24″-32″(Chest); 10″(Back) L: 18″-25″(Neck); 27″-36″(Chest); 11″(Back)
- ❤EASY ADJUSTABLE:Adjustable Dog Harness with a Top handle for traffic control, 4 quick release buckles for easy on and off while providing extra security;and one leash attachment point at the front.
- ❤MILITARY STYLE:OneTigris large dog harness each side features two straps as well as hoop & loop strips panel to easily attach pouches or ID panels;Dog vest harness is not designed to bear heavy weights and we advise against relying solely on the grab handle to carry your dog.
- ❤HOOK&LOOP DESIGN: Full length 9″ by 2″ heavy duty loop panel at the top for ID badges and one 3.5″ by 2″ panel on the neck strap(Since the size is measured manually, there may be an error of 1 inch). Our easy walking harness is available in 4 colors & 4 sizes, ideal for any occasion from hiking to daily walks and training sessions.
- ❤QUALITY AFTER-SALE GUARANTEE: OneTigris large tactical dog harness have 1 year warranty. If you are not satisfied with dog vest harnesses, feel free to reach out and we will reply in 24 hours.
- Comes in three sizes
- Made of durable nylon
- Padded in pressure areas
- Equipped with a MOLLE system
- Two leash rings
- Not suitable for heavyweights
- The handle is not reliable
- Buckles are somewhat weak
Firstly, the tactical harness for dogs by OneTigris comes in three sizes that are suitable for medium, large, and extra-large dogs.
Meanwhile, the medium size will fit German Shepherds and Malinois, the large size will be suitable for Labradors and Rottweilers, and the extra-large size will be a good fit for Great Danes and Newfoundlands.
Moreover, note that you can easily wash it in a washing machine. Similarly, OneTigris is made of 1000D stitched nylon and features soft paddles in pressure points.
Moreover, there are two MOLLE straps on the sides and a hoop and loop strips panel that allows attaching pouches and badges. However, note that this large tactical dog harness is not made for heavyweights.
Also, don’t carry your dog holding it by the handle on the harness, because it can injure the pet and make the accessory rip apart.
Large Tactical Harness: Icefang
- [Size & Care instruction] 1:Please choose right size base on ICEFANG size chart , X-Small(Neck:12″-17″ ; Chest:17″-23″) ;Small(Neck:14″-18″ ; Chest:22″-27″);Medium(Neck:16″-22″ ; Chest:25″-31″ );Large(Neck:18″-24″ ; Chest:28″-35″);X-Large(Neck:20″-28″ ; Chest:32″-39″); 2:This Harness is not to be used with a tie out;3:Burn and solidified the end of strap if necessary ,Make Sure the end of strap is not fraying; 4: Washing: Hand-wash with detergent, rinse with clean water, allow to air dry.
- [Molle /PALs ] :Two 1″ Strips of Molle (XS:3 x Hook & 2 x Loop ; Small:4 x Hook & 2 x Loop ; Medium/Large/X-large: 5 x Hook & 2 x Loop ) Sewn Onto Both Side,Allow Your Dog to Carry Gear in Training / Daily Walking/Adventure Hiking, it Compatible with Molle /PALs Pouch,You Can Aslo Hook Dog Bowl,Water Bottle and Toy Through D shape Carabiner (No included)
- [2X METAL BUCKLE]: 2xMetal Buckle (1000 lb Proof-Load Test ) on Dog Shoulder Position which the most Load Bearing Point When Dog Pulling, Stitching by Bartack and X in Box Pattern on Each Joint and Heavy load Point
- [3 LEASH CLIP]: 2x V-Ring Sewon the back ,one heavy duty V-Ring near dog’s neck for short leash ,another one sewon the rear of harness for normal walking with long leash , 1x No pulling front Clip will redirect the dog forward motion and make dog’s leg off the ground ,Allow you to Control the puller with few effort and training your dog to walk beside you
- [DOG IDENTIFIED]:Hook and Loop Panel Sewn onto Both side of harness(X-small:3″x 4.5″;Small:3″x 6″;Medium/Large/X-large:3″x7.5″) ;One Square Loop Panel( X-Small/Small:2″x2″;Medium/Large/X-large: 2″x4″ )Sewn on The Front Chest ,You Can Attach Many dog Patch to Identify Your Dog
- Seven adjust points
- MOLLE system on the chest and sides
- Handle for a quick grab
- Suitable for large breeds
- Soft padding
- Can look bulky
- Buckles are not metal
- The handle can be uncomfortable to hold
First, Icefang manufacturer works together with dog trainers and police officers to create a durable and useful large tactical dog harness, which is no-pull, by the way. Moreover, they seem to succeed.
Meanwhile, Icefang has seven different adjustment points that let you create the perfect fit for your pup. The medium size will be suitable for Huskies and German Shepherds, and the large size will fit Malamutes and St. Bernards.
Moreover, the drawback is that there is only one color. However, the sides and chest area features hook and loop panels you can use to attach pouches or badges. Also, there is a handle that gives you better control over your dog when you need it.
Besides, this large tactical dog harness features two rings for the leash and soft padding to make your pet feel comfortable. Lastly, it is no-pull that simplifies life.
Dog Tactical Harness: EJG3
- ✔ !Please measure your dogs size before purchasing! Keeps the dog from pulling – Pulling from the neck alone can cause injury to your dog. With this vest, you have control over your dog’s entire body rather than just their neck. The front handle strap is idea for guiding dogs safely across the road as they can get distracted by moving vehicles. The D-ring attachment gives you a sturdy place to clip your dog’s leash.
- ✔ Velcro areas for visual indication while out in the wilderness – It features Velcro areas along both sides, which is great for adding patches, badges, and reflective strips.
- ✔ Four quick-release buckles – Quick-release buckles make the vest super easy to clip on and remove.
- ✔ Lightweight and breathable mesh – It’s made of water resistant 1000D nylon with neat stitching and soft padded mesh to keep your dog from overheating while wearing this vest.
- ✔ Design own vest with patches – This vest is a great solution for giving your dog an extra layer of protection and for showing your unique personality. Please check size.
- Made of high-quality nylon
- Resistant to water
- Breathable mesh
- Soft padding
- X-bungee cords
- Can be too short for some dogs
- Straps begin to fray quickly
- The bowl that comes with the harness is small
Tactical dog Harness for L
First of all, the dog tactical harness by EJG is made of water-resistant 1000D nylon and is rather lightweight. Secondly, it’s enhanced with mesh that allows the dog’s body to breathe so that your pet won’t get overheated.
Moreover, the soft padding will let your pup feel comfortable wearing EJG. Also, there is a sturdy handle for you to get better control over your dog’s body in crowded and dangerous areas.
Meanwhile, the no-pull feature of this dog tactical harness is especially valuable. But there are only two colors available – black and khaki.
In addition, there are x-bungee cords on the back. Likewise, you can use them to carry a water bottle, for example, or something else. Or you can utilize these cords to make this tactical harness fit your pup a bit tighter.
Additionally, there are velcro areas for you to attach badges and reflective stripes. Besides, this model will suit Dobermans, Collies, Huskies, and English Pointers well.
Large Breeds: EXCELLENT ELITE SPANKER
- Durable Material. This german shepherd harness is made of high quality and durable 1000D nylon material with neat stitching and soft padded lining to prevent chafing for your dog’s skin and hair with a comfortable fit.
- Upgraded design. This service dog harness / k9 vest add a moved strap between the belly strap doesn’t stumble your dog’s leg when you control him for walking or training comparing with classic item,how focused and comfortable he becomes when wearing this dog vest.
- Easy Adjustable no pull dog harness:Free adjust properly & quick release buckle. The belly strap of this k9 tactical harness is adjust by 2 slider adjuster for two-way adjustment with strong release buckles.The tactical harness has soft padded chest strap keeps your dog’s neck from getting yanked when your dog’s change direction or forward suddenly.
- Top of the tactical harness has a aluminum alloy V-shaped buckle, stronger pull than ferroalloy and zinc alloy,can be attached a dog leash to keep your dog next to you easier by your control. There is an magic sticker ID panel on both sides of this military dog harness that can be placed for patches.
- 100% Quality Warranty: Your satisfaction is our first priority, we take care of all quality-related issues with a REPLACEMENT OR FULL REFUND with 90days; If you encounter any problem while using, never hesitate to send email to us and we will make it all right for you. Please follow the size chart to measure your dog carefully before you place the order to ensure the harness is fit well to your dog.
- Made of quality nylon
- Comes in several sizes
- Padded on the inside
- Features a handle for a quick grab
- Not for heavy pullers
- There is a lot of extra strap left after fitting
- Can’t be adjusted much
EXCELLENT ELITE SPANKER tactical dog harness is suitable for large breeds like German Shepherds, Labradors, or even Great Danes. Also, it comes in four sizes and five minimalistic colors for you to pick the best fit.
Also, the chest and belly straps can be adjusted to suit your pup better. Moreover, Elite Spanker is made of 1000D nylon that is waterproof and stitched through to make the material even more durable.
Similarly, you can wash it in a washing machine easily. In addition, this tactical large dog harness is padded on the inside to make your puppy feel comfortable.
However, if your pet pulls a lot, even the padding won’t soften the pressure much. Besides, this design creates a lot of impact on the chest if the dog pulls or dashes forward.
Extra Large Dog Harnesses
Best Extra Large Dog Harness
- EXTRA DURABLE HARNESS – Fit dogs with 32-47 inch chest (Measure the widest part of the dog’s chest, choose the larger size if fall between two sizes). Made with super durable Nylon, wear resistant and weatherproof. 450 lb pulling resistance. Ideal for hard pullers dogs.
- EXTENSIBLE HANDLE – Padded extensible handle with elastic, this particular design can buffer the pulling force to avoid injury risk. Great for trainers when walking the dog.
- SUPER COMFORTABLE – Soft ventilate padding, comfortable for dog’s chest and backside, bring soft cushion to protect the skin. Handle connecting with front chest strap provides the best stress point, easier to stop pulling, no choke to dog’s neck.
- SAFE USE – Reflective stitching and weatherproof nylon strap, high visibility, provides protection and safety in the daily walking.
- QUICK CONTROL – Easy click buckles and adjustable straps, convenient to wear. D-Ring leash adapter, can use different leash when in different control circumstances like walking, training, outdoor sport, service training and vehicle-mounting.
- Soft padding in the chest area
- Breathable back piece
- Comfortable handle with elastic stripes
- Prevents from pulling
- Can handle up to 450 lb
- Doesn’t fix the pulling issue
- Some dogs manage to escape the harness
- The handle is a bit too stretchy
First of all, this heavy-duty harness can resist up to 450 lb, so it’s the best extra large dog harness for heavy pulling dogs. Secondly, Yogadog comes in three large sizes from L to XXL.
Moreover, the large size is suitable for Staffordshire terriers, and 2XL size will fit even huge breeds like Great Danes, Commodore, and Neapolitan Mastiffs. Also, you can adjust this extra large dog harness to make it suit your pup’s body better.
Meanwhile, Yogadog features an unusual handle that runs through the chest strap. Likewise, if you need to stop your excited pup quickly, you can simply grab by this handle and soften the impact a bit thanks to the elastic straps.
Therefore, you get to keep your large dog in place while preventing it from being injured from the impact. Similarly, the chest strap is padded with soft cushions to make this dog harness more comfortable.
Also, the back piece is lined with breathable material to prevent overheating. Besides, the reflective stitches will help drivers spot your pet in the darkness.
Lastly, to clean this extra large dog harness, it is better to put it in a dryer.
Extra Large No Pull Harness: RUFFWEAR
- MADE FOR EXTENDED WEAR: Lightweight, durable, and made for all-day outdoor adventures; Designed for easy on and off
- 2 LEASH ATTACHMENT POINTS: Reinforced webbing at chest stands up to pulling and gives additional control (ideal for training, too); Aluminum V-ring centered on back
- PADDED FOR COMFORT: Foam-padded strips across the chest and belly provide equal load distribution and comfort when running, walking, or resting
- CUSTOMIZABLE FIT: 4 convenient points of adjustment for full range of motion; Easy access ID pocket for safe storage of your dog’s tags
- EASY TO SEE, DAY AND NIGHT: Bright, easily visible fabric with reflective trim helps your dog stand out against any landscape day and night
- Stretchy stripes
- Padded with cushions
- Several sizes available
- Bright colors
- Reflective stitching
- Some dogs can escape this harness
- Might be too short
- Not very adjustable
First, RUFFWEAR is a great everyday no-pull dog harness that comes in the extra-large size to fit big dogs. Also, the largest option will suit well Huskies, Labradors, Great Danes, and other breeds of similar measurements.
Meanwhile, Ruffwear offers several bright color options so that you can pick the one that you like the most. However, the stripes are enhanced with reflective stitching.
For instance, it will be easy to spot the dog both in the daylight and in darkness. Moreover, the straps are stretchy so that this no-pull harness can fit your dog better and make it feel comfortable during walks.
In addition, soft cushions also add some comfort and lower the impact if the pup pulls. Besides, the item is machine-washable.
XXL Dog Harness: EXPAWLORER
- RIGHT SIZE IS IMPORTANT: The size of the dog harness L chest is 26-36″. Please carefully measure the widest part of the pet’s chest. In order to fit more, you can reserve about two fingers, suitable for medium and large dogs.
- DOUBLE CONTROL IS SAFER: A strong rubber ring is designed above the dog harness to allow for more direct and effective control before the pet is out of control, or you can be connected a leash with the metal D ring so that the dog can have some space for walking.
- NO PULL DESIGN IS MORE FREE: The dog harness is designed with no pull, which allows the pet to move more freely. When you emergency pull, the tension is evenly distributed on the wide belt and the strong belt, and then evenly distributed to the body to prevent pulling and suffocating.
- NIGHTTIME REFLECTIVE TAPE IS MORE ASSURED: The nylon dog harness is not only comfortable and breathable, but the thick filler makes your dog like to wear it. It also comes with a nighttime reflective tape that confirms the pet’s position during nighttime activities, making it safer and more secure.
- EASY TO WEAR AND ADJUST: The dog harness is designed with a quick buckle for easy wear. After wearing it, use the adjustment buckle to adjust it together for outdoor activities. Walking, training and running are very practical. A variety of styles and colors are available for you to choose from.
- Fits huge dogs
- Adjustable stripes
- Features a reflective stripe
- A handle for better control
- Easy to put on and take off
- Not for heavy pulling dogs
- No soft padding
- Straps loosen quickly during the adjustment
Firstly, this XXL dog harness will fit even Rottweilers and Great Pyrenees. Secondly, if you have a Labrador or a German Shepherd, you should opt for the Large size.
Meanwhile, you can also adjust Expawlorer to fit your dog’s body – both straps are adjustable. However, it is better to put the item into the dryer or hand wash it.
In addition, there is a reflective stripe that runs over the top. Furthermore, it will make it easier for you and others to spot your pup at night.
Similarly, the handle provides you with more control over your pet in crowded and dangerous areas. However, there is no soft padding on the chest stripe
Therefore, you shouldn’t use this dog harness to prevent your pup from pulling. Otherwise, the pressure will cause issues.
Dog Harness No Pull Reflective: Walktofine
- SMALL DOG HARNESS: Suit for NECK GIRTH: 14″-19″, CHEST GIRTH: 15″-27″of dogs.Recommended Breeds: Small Dogs, such as Chihuahua, Havanese, Corgi, Pug, Puggle, Terrier, etc. Make your puppy stand out with this Classic Grey Harness! ou can adjust strap point to adapt dog neck size. But not for tiny dog below 11 pounds
- EASY TO USE AND FULLY ADJUSTABLE: with 4 easy Adjusting Straps around the body，5s ease using, putting on and taking off. You can use its 2 straps and 2 chest straps to create a Perfect Fit for your dog with some room of growth.
- SAFER & MORE COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Made of durable Nylon Oxford , don’t worry dog chew it, padded with updated longer STRAPS , provide a more comfortable experience for your dogs in the long run. Super bright Reflective Straps ensure a SAFE walk both day and night.
- NO PULL, NO CHOKE: Our Anti-Pull Dog Harness with 2 zinc-alloy rings on dog’s chest and bacK are for securing leash attachment, which allows you to walk your dogs conveniently. Perfect for dog training. It is great for casual walks, jogging, hiking, etc. Perfect Match For WALKTOFINE Dog Leashes. No worries about slipping out or choking.
- Please measure your dog’s chest circumference at the same location as the picture shown on the left. Dissatisfaction within 30 days can be 100% refunds.
- Comes in several sizes
- Features reflective stripes
- Four adjustment points
- Fits large breeds
- Two leash rings
- Can be a bit bulky
- Only two colors to choose from
- No guarantee in will fix the pulling issue
First of all, this is a comfortable dog harness that can be used to keep your puppy in the place during car rides. Secondly, Walktofine features reflective stripes to make the pet visible in the darkness.
Also, the soft mesh lining helps to avoid overheating and make your pup comfy during walks. Moreover, the durable handle will provide you with better control over your dog’s body in crowded and dangerous areas.
In addition, this no-pull harness comes in four sizes from small to extra large. Further, the largest option will fit Golden Retrievers, German Shepherds, and other breeds of similar size.
Besides, you can also adjust Walktofine a bit with four adjusting straps to make it fit the dog’s body better. Lastly, washing in a washing machine is allowed.
Super Large No pull Dog Harness: 2 Hounds Design
- Made in the USA
- Patented Keystone TM FREEDOM No-Pull Harness features solid stainless steel hardware
- Constructed of industrial strength nylon webbing and X-stitched reinforced
- Swiss Velvet Lining on the strap that goes behind the legs helps prevent rubbing, chaffing and sores
- Four points of adjustability
- Firstly, Easy to put on and take off
- Secondly, Fits large dogs
- Thirdly, a wide choice of colors
- Fourthly, Two leash rings
- Lastly, Made of durable nylon
- No soft paddings
- Can create excessive pressure
- Comes in only one size
The super large dog harness by 2 Hounds will be great for Neopolitan Mastiffs, Great Danes, Rottweilers, and other pups of similar size. Moreover, 2 Hounds Design is very easy to put on and take off.
Meanwhile, it comes in a variety of colors. Likewise, there is only one size available. However, this no-pull harness doesn’t have any soft paddings.
Therefore, that’s why you should use the front leash ring if your dog is a heavy puller and combine the use of this accessory with proper training.
Importantly, avoid allowing your pup to dash and pull forward when the leash is attached to the back ring. Otherwise, your pet might get harmed because of the excessive pressure.
Lastly, the durable nylon of this super-large no-pull dog harness allows you to wash it in a washing machine.
Extra Large Pet Harness: EXPAWLORER
- Size X-Large: Fit for chest girth 33″-40″, this dog harness can also be used as a backpack harness, please measure around your dog’s chest to get the right size.
- Super Comfort: Made from lightweight polyester with an extra-soft padded harness, ergonomic spine support contours to the dog’s back for a comfortable fit.
- Adjustable: It has 2 different points enable adjustment to fit most dog sizes and proportions, and the saddle bags are fully removable, easy to detach.
- Security: Comes with a D-ring for leash attachment and a strong handle for easy lift-and-assist, the reflective trim strips enhance visibility.
- Convenient: 2 saddle bags provide storage for poop bags, dog treats and other travel necessities, great for everyday use or for backpacking and hiking adventures.
- Padded back and chest pieces
- Two pockets on sides
- Fits big dogs
- Lightweight and comfy
- Can be used as a backpack harness
- Can create pressure on the chest
- A bit stiff at the beginning
- Won’t stop the dog from pulling
Firstly, this extra-large pet harness will fit big dogs perfectly, and it can be additionally adjusted. Also, the large size will suit Staffordshire terriers, and the extra-large option will be great for St.Bernards and Newfoundlands.
Meanwhile, Expawlorer is very lightweight, and the chest piece is enhanced with soft padding to make your dog feel more comfortable.
However, the back piece is also padded so that you can use this model as a backpack pet harness. It additionally features two pockets with the velcro fastener.
Besides, these pockets are useful for carrying poop bags or treats on the walk. Moreover, Expawlorer features a handle that gives you more precise control over your dog’s body.
Xl Harness for Dogs: Barkbay
- EVERYDAY DOG HARNESS: This No Pull Dog Harness is Constructed from lightweight No Rip Nylon and Anti-Chafe Padding, Perfect for running, hiking, and walking
- GREAT FOR PULLERS: No pull Front leading ring for more controls, help you train them to stop pulling! D-ring on the back for more relaxed walks. With Anti-chafe padding, pressure can be evenly distributed to the body
- EASILY PUT ON and TAKE OFF the head-over harness hassle-free.Unique 4 points of adjustments Design for a near-custom fit.
- ULTRA REFLECTIVE STRIPS to keep your dog visible even at night.
- TOP EASY LIFT HANDLE for extra safety and control
- Firstly, Two leash rings
- Secondly, Padded with soft, breathable mesh
- Thirdly, Comes in three sizes
- Fourthly, Suitable for large dogs
- Lastly, Strong buckles
- The harness does stay in place
- Straps can stretch too much
- Can be bulky
First, this is a nice everyday XL harness for big dogs. Secondly, it comes in three sizes, and the largest one will fit Labradors, Dobermans, Mastiffs, and breeds of a similar size.
Meanwhile, Barkbay has reflective straps and stitches to make the pup visible in the darkness. Also, all parts of this XL harness are padded with soft mesh to make it comfortable and prevent your pet from overheating.
In addition, the buckles are strong and can handle up to 450 lb, so if your large dog pulls, Barkbay won’t break. Further, there is also a handle for better control over the pup’s body when you need it to walk right beside you.
Lastly, the chest leash ring will help with pulling.
Dog Harness Types
First of all, there are several uses of dog harnesses. So, it is necessary that before you purchase any of the dog harnesses, you should let them match the right use.
However, a large dog will need a more sturdy dog harness just as a small dog may wear lighter models. Previously harnesses were used only with sled dogs.
Meanwhile, there are two primary functions of a sled dog, either it is for racing or hauling freight. In addition, each of these dogs carrying out this function requires a harness but with different specifications.
There are three different major types of harness
- The H-back harness
- The freight harness
- The X-back harness
However, there are new types of harnesses coming up, this is the Y-back harness, and it is familiar with skijorers. Also, the freight harness is more like the H-harness that has a broad chest, and it usually comes along with padding.
Furthermore, it has a strap resembling ladder across the back of the dog. Likewise, the X-back harness creates the X shape on the back of the dog. Moreover, it is also lighter and shorter than the freight harness.
In addition, there are some short versions of the harness that sit farther into the front. Similarly, the H harness usually comes with more padding for your dog’s comfort.
Moreover, ensure to always check the dog harness for any damage. Also, keep an eye on your dogs for any weird behavior. Besides, doing these would help you notice any potential problems that could cause safety concerns.
How to Choose Dog Harness
Sometimes, you may have some difficulties in choosing a dog harness. Maybe you feel your choice is not good enough for your dog.
Likewise, that is a dilemma because there are many kinds of dog harnesses to choose from. However, before selecting a harness, you should know the following information.
Firstly, a harness is supposed to go over the dog abdomen and the chest. Also, it should be able to cross over the back. Similarly, the primary benefit of the harness is to remove pressure from the neck and airway.
In addition, if this purpose is defeated then, the harness should not be used. For instance, the criteria for the best dog harness are comfort, durability, design, fit, and price. Also, the harness should match the strength of the dog.
Meanwhile, it should be comfortable for the dog; watch out for limping or any unusual sounds made by the dog after fitting the harness. However, when you have a small dog or puppy, you have to use a small dog harness.
Moreover, the necks of the puppy are still very fragile. Therefore, it will be better to use a harness instead of a collar. For instance, with a harness, they could breathe more comfortably when on a leash.
Besides, the dog harness will give you better control while walking with your dog. Indeed, dogs cannot leave a harness easily as they do a collar.
Likewise, the harness could also be used to strap the dog to the seat belt in the car. Lastly, that will help you be at ease since they are safe.
Is a Harness Good for a Dog?
First, the dog will need a harness to help restrain it from attacking people or other animals during a walk. Secondly, it takes the pressure off the dog neck and helps to prevent any neck and chest related issues.
Moreover, the primary advantage of the harness is to prevent any difficulties occurring in the trachea. Thus, it is beneficial if your dog has a habit of pulling.
However, the harness gives more significant control over the dog. Additionally, that helps to keep the dog in check. Also, it is especially true for dog harness with a handle.
Besides, both the front and back attaching are good for your pet.
Who Needs a Dog Harness?
Virtually every dog needs a harness, not a collar. By the way, collars create pressure on the neck, impacting some major nerves. As a result, the pup can develop various health issues related to the nervous system and joints.
Also, since collars affect the nerves, they can lead to behavioral problems like anxiety, overexcitement, stress, and other issues.
However, it’s even more crucial to get a harness for a growing puppy since its body is still developing. Besides, if you have a large breed, the tiniest injury can cause significant harm to gentle joints, tendons, and muscles.
How to choose the right size?
Note that each manufacturer has slightly different measurements for their harnesses. Therefore, make sure to check the sizes of your pup and the model you are going to buy.
Small – 30-50 lbs – chest 26-31 inches – neck 18-24 inches – chest strap 19 inches – best for Spaniels, Collies, Beagles, and similar breeds
Medium – 50-80 lbs – chest 30-34 inches – neck 24-30 inches – chest strap 24 inches – best for: Boxers, Malinois, German Shepherds, and similar breeds
Large – 80-120 lbs – chest 33-40 inches –neck 28-36 inches – chest strap 27 inches – best for: Rottweilers, Labradors, Cane Corsos, and similar breeds
Extra-large – 120+ lbs – chest 40-50 inches – neck 30-39 inches – chest strap 28 inches – best for: Great Danes, Mastiffs, Malamutes, and similar breeds.
Important Features to Consider
First, the dog harness must have soft cushions in the chest area. Especially if your pup is like pulling or dashing forward. Moreover, if there is no padding, the chest piece can hurt the pet.
Also, constant pressure will result in issues with breathing, blood circulation, and even heart function.
Meanwhile, remember that dog harnesses that are meant to prevent the puppy from pulling and without any cushions should be used as a temporary solution. You can put such a no-pull dog harness on just for training.
But it’s not an everyday accessory, because it will create unnecessary pressure on the chest. Thus, choose padded dog harnesses for walks, so that your dog feels comfortable and won’t develop any health issues.
First of all, a handle on the dog harness can be handy, especially if you let your dog run around without a leash. Sometimes it’s crucial to have something to grab on and pull the pup away.
For example, your pet is playing with other dogs, and they get overly excited. Thus, it’s a matter of seconds when their game transforms into a fight.
Also, a handle will be useful when you walk with your large dog through a crowded street. Meanwhile, it’s way easier to control the pup in the heel position when you can hold it by a handle on the large dog harness.
Moreover, handle gets you better control when you let the dog out of the car and in other similar situations.
Firstly, some sellers offer a complementing leash when you buy a large dog harness from them. Usually, the design of the tether fits the harness, so it’s nice to use them together.
Although most of such complimentary leads are very short and won’t be comfortable for walking. However, unless your dog is big enough and always walk beside you.
Also, such leashes are often not very sturdy, and they can’t handle a pulling pup. Therefore, in most cases, they’re quite useless.
In addition, you can use these short complementing leads for photos or in some public places, but it won’t become your everyday leash. Therefore, if you don’t really need it, you shouldn’t buy a dog harness only because of the lead.
Step-in vs. Buckle-on.
Firstly, there are two types of dog harnesses step-in and buckle-on. The first one, as you can assume by the name, will require your pup to step into the harness.
Then you close it on the side or on the back, and you’re good to go. Likewise, such a design usually makes the harness lay on your dog’s chest. Therefore, it can create pressure, which is not good.
Also, step-in models are more difficult to put on. However, Buckle-on dog harnesses are easier to put on – simply slide it over your dog’s head, and fasten the buckles.
Moreover, such models are usually designed to distribute the pressure evenly, and they’re more comfortable both for the owner and the pup. So, you should stick to buckle-on large dog harnesses.
First of all, you will need a soft measuring tape to figure out the correct size. Then, measure the broadest area of the dog’s chest. Usually, it’s the part just behind the armpits.
However, don’t fit the tape tightly – there should be some free space just in case. Moreover, you don’t want the dog harness to be too small or tight. Next, measure the area between the dog’s neck and shoulders.
In addition, these measurements will help you find the right size. Meanwhile, if you can’t choose between the bigger and the smaller size, go for the larger one.
Besides, most dog harnesses are adjustable, so you will be able to make it a bit smaller to fit your dog. But if the dog harness is too small, you will have to return it.
Back Clip Harness vs. Front Clip. vs. Side Clip
Firstly, most dog harnesses feature two rings for the leash – on the back and the front. Secondly, the back clip is great for everyday use. Moreover, when the leash is attached to it, the dog can move freely.
Meanwhile, the front ring located on the chest will prevent the pup from pulling. In addition, when the leash is attached to the front clip, the dog simply can’t dash forward because of the tension in the lead.
Further, the side clips are useful if you want to teach the pup to heel or simply walk beside you. Note that for the best result, you should reinforce the dog with treats or toys. Then it will learn how to walk properly very quickly.
How to Put on a Dog Harness
First of all, there are two types of dog harnesses, and you need to put them on differently.
The first type – the step-in harness – will need you to pass the front paws of your dog one by one through the harness and then close it on the back or the side.
However, while this design seems to be easy to put on and take off, such dog harnesses are not correct. Thus, since the front stripe lies on the chest, if the pup pulls, the pressure will be focused solely on the chest area.
Moreover, it can cause health issues and injure your pet. Therefore, we don’t recommend sacrificing your dog’s safety for the sake of ease of use.
However, the second type of harnesses is buckle-on. However, most of them are also very easy to put on. In addition, you just need to slide it over your pup’s head and close it on the back or on the sides.
Moreover, there are also older versions of such harnesses that will require you to slide the accessory over the dog’s head and pass its paw between stripes.
Meanwhile, such a design is harder to work with, but most manufacturers stick to the first option of buckle-on harnesses. Besides, this type won’t hurt your dog, and it’s quite easy to put on and take off.
How to Use a No-Pull Dog Harness
First, many dog harnesses are supposed to stop your dog from pulling. But even though they will make it harder for your pup to dash forward, you should add training as well.
However, don’t expect the dog harness to make wonders happen and magically solve the issue. Likewise, there are three types of no-pull dog harnesses. The first one features a chest leash ring.
Moreover, when the lead is attached to it, the dog can’t pull because it is literally turned around by you. Also, some pups might understand this quickly and stop pulling.
However, that’s a rare case, and they might begin dashing forward as soon as you clip the leash to the back ring. So add some treats to reward the pup when it doesn’t pull.
Meanwhile, the second type of no-pull dog harnesses has a strap that lies on the chest. Also, it’s supposed to create pressure that will stop the dog from pulling. However, usually, it doesn’t work like that.
In addition, the third type will squeeze your pup’s chest if it dashes forward, which is also not the best scenario. But if you choose to use such dog harnesses, put them on solely for training, and use treats for positive reinforcement.
What is the Best Dog Harness to Stop Pulling
First of all, if we choose from our list, Oxford Soft Vest will become the best option for dogs that pull a lot. Secondly, it is comfortable and padded.
However, the chest ring will help you show your pup how to walk properly on the leash. Moreover, the handle will give you even more control. So, Oxford Soft Vest is the smartest choice here.
Firstly, Harnesses are good for dogs and can successfully replace collars. But to get the best dog harness for your dog, you have to follow our guide and consider all the features discussed above.