Are you one of those people who believe that best dog booties for hardwood floors, jackets, and hats are just useless fashion and no functionality? Well, here’s one for you.
Yes, here we are going to take you through the best dog booties for hardwood floors out there, their benefits, and a lot more information about why they are a life-saver if you own a loving dog.
Hardwood floors, indeed, make your home look stunning. However, they can be a nightmare to manage when you have a huffy-puffy dog running around on them. Either your pooch can slip on them, or it can scratch your expensive flooring.
Therefore, you need to get quality booties for your dog so that its paws and your flooring, both are saved.
Read along to know the best options you can invest in and why.
5 Best Dog Booties For Hardwood Floors
5 Best Dog Booties For Hardwood Floors Reviews
QUMY Dog Boots Waterproof Shoes for Large Dogs
- Please be sure to measure the width of your dog’s paws carefully, it is key to choosing the correct size for your dog, weight can only be used as an additional reference; Size 1: 1.7”x2.2”(W*L) for 12-23 lbs; size 2: 1.8”x2.4”(W*L) for 18-27 lbs; size 3: 2.0”x2.5”(W*L) for 23-33 lb; size 4: 2.2”x2.6”(W*L) for 31-40 lbs; size 5: 2.4”x2.8”(W*L) for 40-55 lbs; size 6: 2.6”x3.0”(W*L) for 52-65 lbs; size 7: 2.8”x3.2″(W*L) for 63-75 lbs; size 8: 3.0”x3.3″(W*L) for 74-88 lbs
- SECURE and ADJUSTABLE: Easy to put on / off. These dog shoes expands with a wide split seam opening and two adjustable and reflective straps to ensure a tight fit, also make your dog safe at night
- RUGGED: Tough anti-slip sole of dog boots provides stability and traction, protection from sharp thorns and hot pavement
- QUALITY: The dog boots have a rugged sole and high quality fabrics that are then sewn together to ensure they are ready for your adventure
- FASHIONABLE: QUMY dog boots are with cute pet paw embroidery, paws side is the outside, soft and hand washable
If you’re looking for the same rugged shoe quality as you can find in human shoes, QUMY dog boots are stitched perfectly well to match your expectations. They will enable your dog to happily stride all over the hardwood flooring, asphalts, and pavements without getting hurt.
The booties are waterproof, making sure that your dog’s feet remain dry and warm so that it can play in rain and snow. Because the booties are waterproof, they make taking care of the dog easier because you will not have to keep wiping its paws when they enter the home.
For washing the shoes, you can just run them by water or soap if required and let them dry naturally. It must be noted that the quality of these booties could be a little better as the stitch starts to come off easily and claws start poking out from them.
EXPAWLORER Anti-Slip Dog Socks For Indoor Wear
- Size Information: XS – Paw Width 1.77″ / Length 4.3″, S – Paw Width 2.16″ / Length 5.5″, M – Paw Width 2.75″ / Length 6.3″, L – Paw Width 3.15″ / Length – 7.1″, XL – Paw Width 3.54″ / Length 7.9″.
- Measure Instruction: Please refer to the size chart and measure your pet’s paw width and length carefully as per our video guidance for best fit. They should be tight enough to stay up, but loose enough to pull on easily.
- Paws Protection: Our socks can keep your pet’s paws warm and protect the claws from frostbite in cold winter, and meanwhile the claws can be protected from burnt ground in hot summer as well.
- Non-slip Function: Anti-slip silicone gel print on the soles can provide extra traction on slippery surfaces, and these grip socks can also prevent getting hurt on hardwood floors while providing traction.
- Keep Clean: These indoor socks will keep the paws of your pet clean, and moreover, the cute paw pattern design is great for daily walking, playing and taking part in parties or other activities.
When you’re looking for a soft and comfortable option which your dog can wear indoors, the cute and adorable dog socks from Expawlorer are the best dog booties for hardwood floors you can buy. Woven cotton is used to make these socks so that your dog doesn’t even realize when it is wearing something.
Anti-slip silicon is used to make a paw design on the bottom of the socks to give your dog a grip on the hardwood floor when it runs. The right fit would snug around the dog’s paws, helping in healing the wounds and preventing them from getting hurt and developing new injuries.
The dog socks are flexible and comfortable because breathable woven cotton is used to make them. The biggest issue encountered by dog owners here is that the silicone gel coating which provides the traction come off within a few weeks and you have to keep investing in more and more.
RC Pet Products Sport Pawks Dog Socks
- Indoor/Outdoor dog socks
- Improve your dog’s traction on slippery surfaces
- Anti-slip coating maximizes grip and protects paws
- Protects hardwood floors and leather car seats from claw scratches
- Dogs socks should fit snugly, choose a size down or if you are in between sizes choose the smaller size
No better brands can understand the troubles of a pet owner than RC Pet Products and the Sport Pawks Dog Socks depict that quite well. They are designed for both, indoor and outdoor use. Moreover, these are cotton socks for better breath ability and flexibility for your dog’s comfort.
The socks are designed with the idea of full paw coverage in mind so that the dog’s paws stay protected from harsh winters. Along with protecting dog’s paws, Sport Pawks also protect your hardwood or laminate wood floor from scratches. They are strong enough to resist all the wear and tear of running on difficult terrain, making them perfect for your adventurous dog.
These socks are an incredible choice for dogs who are recovering from an injury as they keep the dogs from licking their paws and save them from allergies and infection. The only thing to look out for is the traction is present but only at the bottom. So, if the dog slips sideways, it will have to figure that out.
Grippers Non Slip Dog Socks Traction Control For Indoor Wear
- KEEP YOUR SENIOR DOG SAFE ON HARDWOOD OR TILE – Give your dog the traction they need to navigate indoor flooring safely
- GRIP AROUND THE ENTIRE PAW – Give your dog maximum stability with a non-slip rubber coating that covers the entire paw
- WORKS FOR SMALL & BIG DOGS – Whether you’ve got a small, medium, or large dog, we have the perfect dog socks for your furry friend!
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE – Your dog can keep their socks on even when outside. **NOT suitable for use in snow or on ice**
- RESTORE YOUR DOG’s CONFIDENCE – Help your dog regain their confidence on indoor flooring and find their inner puppy
Grippers Non-Slip Socks are the perfect all-purpose option which your dog can wear at all times whether it is going out or staying in. All you have to do is, slip on the sleeve on your dog’s feet and watch the overall rubber traction work its magic on your dog’s confidence while saving your floor from scratches.
Instead of being only at the bottom, the entire sleeve is covered with rubber traction to help your dog get up whenever it falls. The traction will not only help them get up, but it will also impart high confidence in your canine when it walks on the slippery hardwood or laminate wood flooring.
Dog owners must be aware of the fact that the overall rubber coverage means no airflow in the paws of the dogs, making them more likely to get affected by bacterial infections.
LFPET Traction Control Cotton Indoor Dog Socks
- S: Length 3.0 inches, Paw Width 1.38 inches. Dog socks should fit snugly, please measure your pet’s paw width for best fit,please measure your pet’s paw width for best fit.please measure your pet’s paw width for best fit.
- Anti-slip paw printed on the soles to provide extra traction,especially suitable for indoor use or outdoor if not wet.
- Wearing these socks will keep their little paws from freezing on winter days and keep their paws from burning on walk on hot summer days. And keep from scratching herself or himself.
- You can get 4 pieces thin Velcro and use them around the top of the sock to avoid socks falling off.
- Made of high quality cotton, these socks are extremely comfortable for your pet.Offers protection to your little pet’s paws, and also look cute.
For those looking for an affordable option to protect their dog’s paws, the hardwood flooring, and something convenient enough to toss into a washing machine; LEPET Traction Control Cotton Socks are the option for them. The woven cotton makes them flexible and breathable, and they come with four extra Velcro for a better grip on paws.
The knit fabric is durable, and trimmed claws will not be able to poke past it. This will also protect your hardwood floors from scratches. The bottom is well designed with anti-slip Silicone Gel for better grip on hardwood floors and more confidence. The soft and flexible socks will keep your dog’s feet warm in winters and protect them from hot pavements in summers.
Please beware that the Silicone Gel coating is only present at the bottom, making it difficult for dogs to get up if they fall sideways. Furthermore, the elastic is often of no use and the socks come-off as and when you put them on your dog’s paws. However, you can use the Velcro which is not very useful either.
How Do Dog Socks Prevent Scratching Hardwood Floors?
Dog Booties can be rubber, plastic, or fabric shoes for your dogs to protect their paws from difficult terrains and extreme cold. From being invented for the subarctic dogs, booties have now become quite popular for everyday dogs too.
They not only protect your dog from slipping on the hardwood floor but also make sure that the sharp nails never come in contact with the floor, preventing irreversible scratches.
What Are The Benefits Of Indoor Dog Booties For Hardwood Floors?
The foot pads and that of your dog are different and, therefore, they need better protection when they are supposed to play around on hardwood floors. Here are some benefits of dog booties and why you need them:
Canine footwear ensures that the sharp nails of your dog never come in contact with the flooring, to protect your expensive hardwood floors and for the sake of preventing painful snagging of dog nails.
Because dog foot pads lack the traction, they tend to slip and someday, your pooch might get hurt. The bottom of the booties is made up of rubber, which provides them with better traction and safety.
Your dog can become wary of the hardwood floor if it keeps on slipping on it all the time, ripping it off its confidence. However, with the right pair of booties, it will get more traction and will be able to play around with more confidence.
Like humans, dogs also need some footwear in different seasons for different reasons- in winters to keep warm and in summers to avoid burns on pavements.
Snagging of nails when they get stuck into a tattered bit of hardwood flooring can be a harrowing experience for your dog. By making them wear the right booties, you can save their nails too.
How Do You Select Right Size For Dog Socks?
For deriving the best benefits out of dog socks or stickers, you need to invest in the right size too. You can do so with the help of following steps:
Groom the pad to know the size by trimming the nails and fur around it.
Place their foot on a sheet or size chart provided by the manufacturer.
Press the paw to take an impression.
Mark all the sides.
Measure the distance between all marks to arrive at the right size.
How To Train A Dog To Be Comfortable With Wearing Booties Or Socks?
Well, it might take some convincing to get your dog to become comfortable with the idea of wearing non-slip socks or adhesives in its feet. However, you can make it easier for yourself by providing them with a positive experience. For this, keep the booties in your hands and let the dog approach you to check them out.
Now that you’ve given the dog a treat to play about with, gently try to place them on one foot and keep an eye on their reaction. If your canine buddy gets anxious, let it be and try again later.
Once it seems more comfortable with the booties, place them on its feet and shower it with some extra love and treats for being a good boy. Treating and praising will work like wonder for your dog, and they will accept the new attire whole-heartedly.
All you need to do is- be patient. Keep trying to comfort your dog with the socks, and sooner than later, your dog will come around.
How To Choose The Best Dog Socks Or Booties For Hardwood Floors?
No matter how easy it appears to be, finding the right booties or socks for your dog to happily run about on your hardwood floor is no easy task. There are multiple factors that you need to consider such as:
There is no end to the type of booties available for dogs. There are:
- Socks or booties: They snug around the ankle of dogs, are flexible, and have a rubber sole for better traction. You can also opt for the ones made up of breathable fabric to use them in summers.
- Paw pads: They are stickers with harmless binding adhesives on them which will stick to your dog’s paw pads and provide them with the much-needed traction on hardwood floors.
Make sure that you trim the nails and fur of your dog before tracing the foot size so that the booties stay on. Plus, buy one which leaves some space for the toes and ever-growing nails.
The material should be tough rubber in rainy and winter season when you’re heading out on rough terrain. However, you can manage with a softer fabric with a rubber sole for protecting paws from sunburns.
Traction is an essential feature you need so that your dog slips less and plays more on your flooring.
Dog nails can be sharp and not to forget how anxious pups can chew anything off. So, ensure a robust material will is long-lasting and cannot be torn easily.
Like any other pair of socks, dog booties get dirty too. So, buy the ones which are machine or hand washable.
Your dog is the cutest, making it mandatory for you to but the most fun colors and designs. However, you should not compromise on comfort and buy flexible, well-padded and soft booties.
Ensure that the pair you invest in works well in all weathers, whether it is the harsh winters, monsoons, or summers.
Protect Floors With The Best Dog Booties For Hardwood Floors
No matter if it is the dog booties, socks, or pads that are your dog’s favorite, you need to make sure that they serve the purpose and make your dog look the cutest.
In our list, QUMY Dog Boots for Large Dogs made the cut because they are cute little boots for dogs made up of a rugged fabric which allow you to use them indoors and outdoors. Plus, the waterproof material will keep your dog’s paws warm and dry in rain and snow. If you’re having trouble in making your dog adjust with hardwood flooring, the booties have incredible traction, allowing the dog to walk, run, and jump around on the hardwood floors and tiles confidently.
Well, now that you know the qualities you want in the best dog booties for hardwood floors of your home, you can decide upon an option that pleases you the most. Do let us know if we’ve missed out on your favorite and what makes it the best.