Are you tired of brushing off dog hair from your dog’s comforter? Well, here is an end to all your endeavor of getting rid of dog hair with the best comforter for dog hair.
Each of our top contenders is topped by user reviews to give you a better insight into how effective they are.
We understand that out of the plethora of comforters available in different fabrics, both online and offline, the selection becomes difficult. Plus, some fabrics might fail to repel dog hair as they promised.
So, in this guide, we have curated all the information you need to know about the perfect comforters that will repel dog hair and help you keep your house clean.
Plus, everything is backed by reviews and opinions of verified users to give you just what you need.
5 Best Comforter for Dog Hair
5 Best Comforter for Dog Hair Reviews
Linenspa All-Season Down Alternative Quilted Comforter
- ALL SEASON COMFORT: With 300 gsm of plush down alternative fill, this is the best all season comforter for hot sleepers. It’s lightweight for summer but ultra-soft and cozy for winter, making it the perfect option for any time of the year.
- ULTIMATE VERSATILITY: Whether you’re looking for a microfiber reversible comforter or an insert for duvet cover, we’ve got you covered. Eight built-in corner and side loops keep your down alternative comforter duvet insert in place.
- QUILTED DESIGN: Style that’s functional? Yes, please! The box-stitch construction keeps all that fluffy fill in place, so your comforter retains its shape and stays pretty with its classic quilted look.
- MACHINE WASHABLE: So easy, you’ll never have to ask how to wash down alternative comforters ever again! Simply wash on gentle cycle and air dry. Or if you’re short on time, toss in your dryer on a low heat setting.
- A PERFECT FIT: Available in multiple standard and oversized dimensions. Queen size dimensions are 92” x 88”. Weighs 5.07lbs.
Linenspa All-season comforter lives up to its name and is certainly the comforter for your home with dog/s. It is made up of the plush linen fabric which renders it lightweight and fluffy. Plus, the comforter sports a box design and is available in various color options to help you select the one which goes with your interior.
Additionally, you can use this as a stand-alone comforter or put it inside a duvet. It has eight loops in the sides and corners which can be attached with the duvet so that it fits and sticks to the edges perfectly.
The microfiber material inside the comforter is cozy and keeps the soft feel intact. The comforter requires low-maintenance as it can be hand-washed or put in a washer. Plus, it doesn’t take long to dry. The down alternative fill of the comforter is indeed hypoallergenic, saving you, your kids, and your pets from developing dust and germ allergies.
MOON’S SLEEPWARES Long Grade Mulberry Silk Comforter
- Top Quality 100% Pure Long Grade Mulberry Silk Filling. 100% Cotton Sateen Casing.
- Queen Size (86×90 inches) (220x230cm). Free vacuum bag and cotton storage bag.
- Light Weight, Perfect for Spring / Autumn or Indoor Temperature 59F to 77F, 15C to 25C
- Breathable, Lightweight and Long lasting
- Easy to care
As the name suggests, Moon’s Sleepwares Mulberry Silk Comforter is made up of pure silk which gives your bed the comfortable and cozy feels. It is an all-season comforter which keeps you warm in winters and breezy in summers. Plus, the silk cover along with the silk filling inside it, drapes perfectly around you for a comforting sleep.
Although expensive, this one is made up of silk and might not require you to clean it if you use a duvet. Plus, silk does not attract dog hair, so your dog can play freely around you with this comforter.
You don’t have to clean it if you keep it covered with a removable duvet. When needed, you can clean it with a little bit of water. Its good to use it in households where people suffer from allergies.
JL Home Collection All Season Silk Comforter
- 100% Silk Floss Filling and 100% Cotton Cover
- Twin Comforter: 68″×88″ (net weight of silk: 0.96KG, total weight 2.2KG)
- Material: Filled with 100% pure and natural silk floss, ultra soft 100% cotton cover, never worry about your dog or cat walking on the comforter as their hair can be easily wiped away by shaking
- Machine washable: Machine wash in the gentle cycle with cold water, sun-dry or tumble dry when needed
- Healthy living: Perfect choice for those who suffer from sensitive skin! Clean and contemporary ultra-plush comforter with great barrier bedding ensure a comfortable night sleep.
This 100% pure Nature Silk comforter by JL Home furniture is the ultimate solution for all your dog hair troubles. It is lightweight and ultra-soft to help you sleep at complete ease. You get an all year round comfort with the blanket while you can cover it with a duvet for protection from all kinds of stains and dirt.
Speaking of dirt, the blanket is hypoallergenic, making it the perfect choice for all who suffer from dust allergies. In addition to all the goodness it comes with, it is easy to wash with just water or throwing it in the washer. You can also tumble-dry the comforter or leave it under the sun.
The natural silk used for making the comforter is hypoallergenic and will protect the people with allergies from germs and dust mites. You can throw it into the washer or wash it with water dry it under the sun.
Bedsure Reversible Quilt Set Comforter
- Perfect Home Decoration: Bedsure’s cool-weather, lightweight quilt set features basket-weave stitching. This provides fabric strength, durability and style. This bedding offers an enduring presentation that can competently revitalize your decor space.
- Versatile Usage: This lightweight quilt set is suitable for all season use as a layer over or under your comfy duvet and comforter. It also can be used as a standalone cover for warmer months, with just a sheet underneath.
- High Quality Material: Bedsure’s basket-weave quilt set utilizes 100% polyester microfiber for long-lasting softness and ultimate relaxation to create a fresh, inviting spot to sleep under or sprawl out on.
- Hassle-free Cleaning: Bedsure’s coverlet easy to clean. Pet hairs do not easily stick to this fabric. Machine wash cold on a gentle cycle and dry on low heat. King size 106″x96″ 3 piece quilt set comes with a bedspread and two shams 20″x36″.
- Sizes & Measurements: If you need a coverlet that drapes all the way to the floor, you may have a low bed or choose a larger size – If you have a deep pillow top mattress (that sits up high on a bed frame and box spring), you’ll need a bed skirt to cover the sides well.
Bedsure Reversible Quilt Set comes with one comforter and two shams. The comforter is a trendy, king-sized quilt with a criss-crossed design which can give a classy edge to your home decor. Plus, the comforter doesn’t promise to be all-weather but is perfect for summers and can be made perfect for winters by adding a blanket.
Moreover, it is made up of microfiber which resists dog hair to a great extent, even if some of them stick to the comforter, you can brush them off quickly. Machine wash the comforter and dry under the shallow sun for drying.
The comforter is unique because it comes tested for preshrinking and stitched with perfection to last longer than you can imagine. Unlike other comforters which are only available in white, this one comes in all the different colors.
EDILLY Luxury Down Alternative Quilted King Comforter
The Ultra-Soft Quilted Comforter by Edilly is the perfect comforter for all the dog-lovers out there as it is made up of double-brushed microfiber shell which resists and repels dog hair. Plus, it is filled with superior quality microfiber filling for added comfort and soft feel.
Now you don’t have to worry about your allergies with the comforter as it is dust-mite resistant and does not let bacteria creep in. Most importantly, maintenance of the comforter is quite easy as it is machine washable with cold water and can be tumble dried too. And to get rid of the dog hair, all you have to do is, shake it off.
The comforter doesn’t let the dust-mites, bacteria, and dog hair stay on, protecting you against all sorts of allergies. You can put it in a decorative duvet or use the trendy box stitching as part of the decor itself.
Is Your Dog Shedding Hair on Your Comforter?
If you are concerned about the shedding hair of your dog, you need not to be. Regular shedding of dog hair is normal and is a part of the process of hair growth. The shedding depicts the age, health, and hormones of a dog and can vary from breed to breed. The hair keeps on growing back continuously.
Having said that, though normal, this shedding might interfere in your routine as cleaning them is a humongous task. If you suffer similar dog hair issues, read along to know what you can do about it.
Why Do Dogs Shed Hair on Comforter?
Now that you know that dog hair shed naturally regularly, one question that might be still hovering over your head is why you find most of this stray hair on the comforter!
Well, comforters are generally made up of velvety and soft fabrics which attract hair, or a synthetic material like nylon, polyester, and rayon which are repellent towards hair until static energy kicks in. Therefore, you find more hair on your comforters rather than any other place.
How Do I Get Dog Hair out of My Comforter?
While replacing your comforter is a great option, no fabric guarantees 100% hair repulsion and hence you need to know the following ways to get dog hair out of your comforter:
Train the dog to stay off the comforter.
The dog hair will stick to the lint roller, saving you lots of time.
You can use this while washing the comforter like you use it on your dog.
Brushing your dog before going to bed will keep the stray hair away from the comforter and bedding.
By doing this, all the hair will get off the comforter outdoors and won’t come back in.
The vacuum will suck all the hair so that you can discard them later.
Wiping the comforter with a damp cloth will take off most of the hair from the comforter.
What Is the Best Comforter Material for Dog Hair?
The lesser space is in between, the lesser will be the space for dog hair to get stuck on the fabric. Tightly woven cotton fabric is one great example of such fabrics.
If resistance to dog hair lies in the very nature of the fabric, you are in for a win. One such fabric is linen which is completely breathable, light, and resists dog hair! Though pure linen fabric comforters are expensive, you can opt for a linen-cotton blend which will work equally well against pet hair.
Some fabrics like Microfiber are measured in terms of quality through their denier count, that is, the number of threads which were used in constructing the fabric. And, the higher the denier count of the fabric is, the thicker it is. Moreover, due to the silky texture of the microfiber, even the stray hair which remains can be brushed off with a brush easily.
Speaking of silky fabric, even silk and satin covered comforters are great for keeping dog hair off them. Then again, pup nails can ruin them like nothing else.
Yes, you can always opt for comforters made up of leather and its vegan alternative, PU leather if you don’t want to spend your life covered in dog hair. Well, not only will this provide excellent insulation in cold winter months, PU leather will make your bedding look classier than ever. Believe it or not, Pleather is one of the most trusted upholstery material for pet owners.
What Comforter Fabrics Must Be Avoided for Dog Hair?
Heavily textured fabrics have too many grooves, allowing the tiny dog hair to settle into them easily.
Velvet tends to attract dog hair and allows them to cling, making brushing-off and washing the hair a tedious job.
Velour is usually used in upholstery and clothing, velour is a blend of velvet and either cotton or polyester. Though comforting, velour is a loosely knit fabric which can attract and trap dog hair.
Brocade has a rough texture which attracts the dog hair.
Though it is believed that synthetic fabrics resist dog hair, this is only true until the static energy kicks in. The hair can easily stitch to your expensive nylon comforter due to static energy.
Flannel and Jersey knits should also be avoided because of the open space they offer for the hair to settle in. To top that, never trust crochet and lace detailing, tufting and pin-tucking in your duvets and comforters with dog hair as they provide them more room to stick to.
What to Look for in the Best Bedspread for Dog Hair?
There are a lot of things to consider when picking best breadspread for dog hair:
Make sure that the bedspread isn’t too long or too short for the bed and hangs down.
The bedspread should have the right amount of grip and friction.
The fabric you select should be mold resistant so that the mold doesn’t spoil your comforter on rainy days.
Mildew smell can ruin your comforter too, therefore, when shopping for the comforter, find one which resists it.
Stain-resisting fabric is essential because you are not immune to stains and spills when you have jumping and dancing pet around you.
Dogs not only leave hair on the bed but the bacteria they have been carrying all day also stick to them. So, it is advised to select a hypoallergenic fabric which does not retain these bacteria.
Dogs usually have a habit of sleeping on the same spot of bedtime and again. This is how the spot starts to sting from the bodily oils released by the pet. While you cannot ask your dog to find some other place to sleep, you can always use anti-microbial bedding which doesn’t absorb water and oil. And this type of bedding remains fresh for longer.
A bedspread shouldn’t feel like a burden when you are sleeping, so select the one which is light and fluffy.
Well, if you are looking for a bedspread which goes with the decor and your mood, never ignore the necessity of having many color options in the fabric you select.
You Deserve the Best Comforter for Dog Hair
In a nutshell, if you have a pet dog, he/she is undoubtedly a little bundle of joy and leaves hair on the comforter and bedding. Though you cannot always keep your dog off the bed, you can still use the best comforter for dog hair to save yourself a lot of time.
According to the above guide, Linenspa All-season comforter is the leading option, offering a combination of great looks, comfortable and light fabric, is cost-effective, adheres to the size norms, and most importantly, repels dog hair. It has everything that you are looking in a comforter to get rid of dog hair and more.
Apart from that, the other four comforters also go pretty well with the idea of which fabrics to use, which ones to avoid, and the qualities which are needed in the perfect comforter for dog hair.